Each unit has several components for the students:
- Hands-on investigation, which includes measuring, cutting and re-forming shapes, and experimentation
- Animations and videos (available on the included cd-rom)
- Problem solving pages
- Comics that reinforce the concepts
- A video (viewable from the included cd-rom) that explains the lesson and what the students will be doing and learning
- Student reproducibles that can be printed from the cd-rom
- Slide shows and animations to visually illustrate the concepts
Area Formulas for Parallelograms, Triangles, and Trapezoids and other books in this series are available from AIMS Educational Foundation for $9.95. You may read more reviews of this book and other AIMs books at the TOS Blog.
As a TOS Crew member, I received a free copy of this book and cd-rom set from AIMs Education Foundation. All opinions are my own.