We finished up our dissections for Module 13 last week. We missed a day due to snow and ice, so we squeezed 2 dissections into one busy afternoon.
First the students did a perch. Then, they did frogs. The text gave detailed instructions for the fish, but not for the frog, so I had them watch a virtual dissection video online. We found that very helpful, and by the time they got started, they were confident in where and how to cut and had an easier time identifying the various body parts. If I were to do this again, I’d look for virtual dissections for everything before we tackled the preserved specimen.
One of our frogs was packed full of eggs! Very interesting.
Emily anticipating spattering guts!