This Thanksgiving week, as I think about what I am thankful for, a few things come quickly to mind…
- my family,
- good friends,
- a wonderful church family,
- my home,
- and life in a country where I am free to pursue my dreams and to homeschool my children,
- spending Thanksgiving weekend with my parents, three sisters and their families.
There are other things for which I am thankful that are perhaps not quite so typical…
- I’m thankful for the financial hardship I’ve had over the past few years. I’m learning to fully trust in God and have the privilege of seeing His provision.
- The years of separation from my husband have been difficult, but I’m thankful for the stronger bond that I have with my daughter since it’s just the two of us now.
- I’m thankful that I am learning to love even when it is not reciprocated.