Monday, February 4, 2013

My Kitchen Blackboard Project

Years ago, one of the glass panels on my kitchen hutch was broken. (The incident involved my son and a broom, but that’s another story!) I kept meaning to have another piece of glass cut to fit, which shouldn’t have been hard, but it was just one of those things I never got around to. P1010968

Recently, it occurred to me that an easy (and useful) way to repair the hutch would to be to cut a piece of thin plywood to fit and paint it with blackboard paint. I had the plywood; I had the paint; no excuses!

Now, not only does it look nicer now, hiding some of the clutter of school supplies kept inside, but I have a handy memo board. We’ve used it for chore lists, school schedules, and just doodling. Right now, I’m writing our memory verses for the week on it.



  1. Now that is an AWESOME idea~!! I don't have any missing glass panes, BUT I am thinking I might take 2 of them out { so it looks even } and use them as a scripture blackboard.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for this idea~!!