I hope that you had a great 2012! Here are some of the highlights of our year, including my older children that don’t get mentioned here very often!
· Allison graduated from Univ. of South Alabama Medical School in May. She bought a lovely 1930's historic home in Mobile the same week and began her residency in July. She's doing her residency in internal medicine and pediatrics with the intention of doing family medicine when she finishes in four more years.
· John is in his senior year, majoring in accounting. He's been experimenting with some entrepreneurial activities on the side, but is mostly trying to finally finish up his schooling! Although he's in town, we don't see nearly enough of him.
· Katie will be graduating (early) in May with a degree in music composition. She plans to work for a year, hopefully teaching piano and/or violin lessons, while she saves money for grad. school.
· Emily is about to start her basketball season. She loves playing with our dog Macy, who joined our family last January, and generally doing anything outside.
· Emily and I just got back from several weeks in Florida, visiting friends, and enjoying the warm weather. My whole family—my parents, 3 sisters, and their families (25 of us) spent Thanksgiving at the beach and had a great time. It is rare that we're all in the same place at the same time. It worked out well for Allison, since she was able to drive over from Mobile for the day to join us. Her boyfriend joined the chaos as well.
· Chris is still in Korea. We don't hear much from him these days, but he is still in our thoughts and prayers….
Best wishes for a wonderful New Year!