My “Word” for 2014 is HOPE!
In this coming year, I want to live a life of hope.
- Instead of focusing on the trials (or pleasures) of today, I want to focus on hope for the future—in this life and the next.
- I want to seek God’s will for my life. As my child rearing and homeschooling years are coming to an end (3 kids raised, and one approaching high school), I am looking for discernment as to what he is calling me to do next. I believe that God has plans to give me “a hope and a future.”
- I want to consciously look for God’s blessings all around me and continually acknowledge his goodness.
Through the year, I am committing to meditating on and memorizing these verses about hope:
- Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him. Job 13:15
- Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. Psalm 62:5
- The Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love. Psalm 147:11
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 41:31
- Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produce4s perseverance: perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, which He has given us. Romans 5:3-5
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jer. 29:11