I am enjoying participating in Friday’s Fave 5, which requires me to stop and consider this week’s blessings. Some of this week’s “faves'” are:
1. I have slept with the windows open the past few nights. I love awakening to the sounds of the birds! I’ve heard many different bird calls—I wish I could identify them by their calls! A couple of nights ago, I was awakened in the middle of the night by owls—hooting and screeching. I’m wondering if we have a nest in our yard.
2. Katie performed at her high school’s choral concert last night. She is not in choral class, but was required to perform as part of her musical theatre class. She played a violin/piano piece that she had composed herself. (She played the violin. The school accompanist played the piano part.) It was beautiful and I was a proud mom!
3. Emily and I have done schoolwork outside the past few days. The weather is perfect now and we are enjoying the out-of-doors before it gets too hot.
4. Allison, my oldest daughter, has finished her second year of med. school. Half-way there! Yay!
5. Cream cheese pound cake. Yum! I made some Wednesday to eat with some strawberries my in-laws brought over for us.